Position Title: Maintenance Engineer Assistant
Hours: 40 hours or less per week depending on the assignment
General Location: Greater Charleston Area
Compensation: $21.63 per hour plus 8 paid holidays
Facility Type: Industrial Building
Maintenance Engineer Assistant Job Summary and Duties:
- Perform semi-skilled tasks assisting Building Maintenance Engineers in operating, maintaining, and repairing a variety of building/facility systems. Engineer Assistants are expected to work on progressively more difficult assignments with increasing independence as greater experience and skill is gained.
- Assist in the operating, maintenance, and repair tasks to assure maximum life and reliability of mechanical systems. Systems include, but are not limited to:
- Electrical (as allowed by applicable Codes and/or incumbent licensing)
- General building maintenance, including:
- door and lock repairs
- ceiling and drywall repairs
- floor repair
- light bulb replacement
- furniture assembly
- miscellaneous tasks as needed
- Assumes the following:
- Preventive maintenance per schedule.
- Corrective maintenance as assigned by Management
- Responds to all general maintenance requests.
- Maintain positive working relationships with building occupants, responding to requests and issues in a timely, professional, and courteous manner.
- Perform property-specific duties as assigned.
- Notifies Owner of parts and materials required.
- Performs all duties as assigned by the Management Office.
- Responsible for maintaining the company vehicle assigned to employees in first-class condition.
- Responsible for maintaining his tool inventory in good working condition.
- Responsible for proper care of assigned portable phone/radio/charger.
- When reporting for work, a clean company-issued uniform is to be worn. The employee is responsible for bringing a full set of keys and fully charged and the operable company-issued phone/radio to work.
- Responsible for removing and installing interior and exterior signage.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of successful experience in commercial or industrial buildings with complex mechanical, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing systems.
- A High School diploma or equivalent is required. Completion of a building trade curriculum at a recognized technical school is desirable.
- Must be self-motivated with good communication skills.
- Must be available for after-hours emergency maintenance as needed or required.
- Must possess the ability to perform the physical demands of the job responsibilities:
- Lifting objects up to 100 pounds.
- Frequent standing, walking, and kneeling
- Occasional climbing, working from a ladder, and balancing.
- Frequent stretching and/or bending to access equipment, objects in need of repair, etc.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and demands.
- Must be able to work independently and possess strong leadership and decision-making skills.
- Must be able to effectively interact and communicate with individuals at levels of an organization and subcontractors.
- Possess valid state-issued driver’s license needed to travel to adjacent properties or to respond to after-hours trouble calls. Must be insurable at all times during employment tenure.
- Exhibit excellent customer-service orientation in responding to customer requests.
- Display follow-through in carrying out directions from management.
- Demonstrate teamwork skills in relations with co-workers.
Wed, 11 May 2022 07:25:43 GMT
Huger, South Carolina 29540
SEJ Services, LLC is a privately owned commercial janitorial facility services company operating in multiple states throughout the Southeast. We provide services for offices, hospitals, industrial, manufacturing, education facilities and places of worship on a daily basis. Please visit our website for more information about our company and our management team.
Eligible employees working 30 hrs or more per week (see Human Resources for eligibility):
- Eligible employees working 30 hrs or more per week:
- Health Insurance – Company offers medical, dental, vision, life, short-term disability, accident, and critical illness insurance policies to employees and dependents. The company contributes $265/month to employee-only medical coverage.
- All Employees:
- 401(k) Plan – SEJ Services does a Safe Harbor match of 100% of your plan contributions up to 4% of compensation.
- Paid Time Off 8 paid holidays per year.
SEJ Services partners with DailyPay to offer all employees the chance to access earned pay when they need it. Employees enrolled in this benefit will be able to make secure transfers of earnings before payday, whenever, and wherever they need to. There is no charge for employees to sign up, and similar to an ATM, employees pay a small fee when making a transfer to their bank account, debit card, or pay card. Ask your Hiring Manager for more information.